Senior Peer Volunteers Needed!
If you are 60+ and would like to become a Senior Peer Volunteer we would love to hear from you!
Our next new volunteer training date will be August 28, 2019.
Please contact: Linda at 445-5211, ext. 2601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know there are many great benefits to volunteering?
Studies show people who volunteer are healthier, happier, and live longer. Volunteering connects you to others, helps counteract the effects of anxiety and stress, combats depression and can increase your feelings of happiness, provides you with a sense of purpose and brings fulfillment to your life; and volunteering helps you stay emotionally and physically healthy!
The Senior Peer Program has several volunteer opportunities from which to choose. You can:
- Offer one-on-one weekly visits to a homebound senior.
- Facilitate a Support Group in the community.
- Lead a class or workshop in your own area of expertise/interest.
- Drive a senior, who does not drive, to their weekly Support Group Meeting.
- Visit seniors in Nursing/Rehabilitation Center.
Steps to becoming a Senior Peer Volunteer:
- Contact us at 928-445-5211, ext. 2601 or email@example.com
- Fill out a Volunteer Application (click here) & come in for an interview
- Attend a Senior Peer Volunteer Training Session
- Complete a Background Check and get a Fingerprint Card at no cost to you